Wednesday, June 16, 2010

2 X 2s


So Vito and I have started our 2x2s. We are using Susan Garrett's method of 12 poles in 12 days, but we will not be done in 12 days. As of yesterday, we are still working on "Day 2" material eventhough we were technically on day 4 of training. I wasn't sure if Vito was really ready because he didn't seem to be getting it, but yesterday he got fed less at meal times so that I could increase the value of the poles for him with treats. It seemed to work!!! He was much more eager to please, but I am still having a hard time getting him to not come back through the poles? We will see how today's sessions go and hopefully we can advance. However, we won't be moving on until I am condfident that he understands what his job is. If we can't seem to get it, we will quit (I hate to use the word quit, maybe take a break sounds better?) for now and work on something else and then come back to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment